Is anyone participating in the protests?

האזרחים המאוחדים של ישראל

Is anyone participating in the protests?

Postby curse » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:25 am

Is anyone here from Israel who is protesting for Social Justice in the country? Also, what do you make of the whole ordeal - it seems it's getting lots of supporters, and I have a feeling something substantial will happen, even if we don't burn the entire country down with Riots.

See ya ;)
curse
Involved

Re: Is anyone participating in the protests?

Postby ex nihilo » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:07 pm

I'm not from Israel and am not participating, but I have heard of the protests happening out there. Its disgusting really to think that media organisations such as the BBC, CNN and FOX news are either not reporting on it or are reporting on it very little. When it comes to Arab spring they're all up in comotion, but when it comes to Israely summer they barley touch the subject.

I reckon the best place to get news is the internet (for now), as powerful groups tend to own main media outlets such as television networks and most newspapers while on the internet you get people less motivated by profit.
"Pah! It's only as complicated as you choose to make it! Was the old woman happy? Unhappy? Who can say? One can never know for true, you simply make your best attempt and move on..." -Grimorie Weiss, refering to doing right and making happy.
ex nihilo
Centurian

Postby curse » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:19 am

That is because the media cares more about fires and shit rather than a protest. So yes, the internet is always and will always be the best way to get news shared from many perspectives - It's great! :D
curse
Involved

Postby ex nihilo » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:41 pm

And yet those bastards want to censor us because they view us as a 'threat' to there intrests. :x
"Pah! It's only as complicated as you choose to make it! Was the old woman happy? Unhappy? Who can say? One can never know for true, you simply make your best attempt and move on..." -Grimorie Weiss, refering to doing right and making happy.
ex nihilo
Centurian

Postby Raban Ronove » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:37 pm

Yes, Im Israeli and I participate in the protest, though I do not support them fully.
Yes, real estate prices should be lower (that was the first protest and then a lot of different protests came too)
But the state cannot afford all of it, a quarter of the country's budget goes to security. thats A LOT.
Without that huge budget cut the country would be ever greater.

Do not compare this protest to the protest going on in the arab countries, there is NO WAY a revolution will happen. this is a Western-World country and so are the protests.

And yes the media can be false, from what I understand the recent massive bombardment attacks on southern Israel were not not getting any spotlight, And I bet you will hear about that only when Israel will respond to those attacks and the title in the news will be "Israel attacks Gaza" with no explanations why Israel attacked (Maybe FOX wil explain as they are right-winged). But I do not want to start argue about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict here (though honestly I'll be glad).
"Any country is the Hero's homeland" - Euripides
Raban Ronove
Citizen

Postby Raban Ronove » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:14 pm

Damjan Pasarić wrote:I certainly don't wanna mess in your national issues or argue about the conflict but I want to assure you that the media did report the attacks on Israel.

The nature of Israel's counter-attack will always be under debate in many circles but that's not what I want to talk about.
Just saying.

May I ask what was said?
Raban Ronove
Citizen

Postby ex nihilo » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:05 pm

Raban Ronove wrote:Yes, Im Israeli and I participate in the protest, though I do not support them fully.
Yes, real estate prices should be lower (that was the first protest and then a lot of different protests came too)
But the state cannot afford all of it, a quarter of the country's budget goes to security. thats A LOT.

Do not compare this protest to the protest going on in the arab countries, there is NO WAY a revolution will happen. this is a Western-World country and so are the protests.

And yes the media can be false, from what I understand the recent massive bombardment attacks on southern Israel were not not getting any spotlight, And I bet you will hear about that only when Israel will respond to those attacks and the title in the news will be "Israel attacks Gaza" with no explanations why Israel attacked (Maybe FOX wil explain as they are right-winged). But I do not want to start argue about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict here (though honestly I'll be glad).

Enlighten me? This will give me better insight onto what's happening there, if you will. :geek:
ex nihilo
Centurian

Postby Raban Ronove » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:48 pm

ex nihilo wrote:
Raban Ronove wrote:Yes, Im Israeli and I participate in the protest, though I do not support them fully.

Enlighten me? This will give me better insight onto what's happening there, if you will. :geek:

Enlighten you on what subject? I said a lot,
I guess you mean the protests,
Well it all started when some people opened up tents and went protesting about the prices of real estate and said its hard to live as young citizens since the prices are high. Then more and more people started joining and other protests started riding the wave: the Doctors who claimed they're not getting payed enough (Just a few hours the Ministry of Finance and the Doctors came to an agreement), the single mothers, gas prices, etc.. Its peaked when 300,000 people went out to the streets and protested (The biggest protest in Israel that wasn't about ending a war) and later even more than that went out and protested. Remember that this is no revolution, remember that Israel is a First-Worlds western country. The government appointed a committee to make drastic changes and promised it will follow the committee's advices, though the protesters are saying that committee is useless. There is a lot of pressure on the Prime Minister Bibi Netanyahu, but fortunately for him, the recent attacks are now on the top of the news (For example, I'm opening a news website and these are the top headlines:
1)Rockets showering the south.
2) the IDF took out 2 Islamic Jihad Operatives in Gaza
3) Daphni Leef (The protester's representative) calls the head of the committee to resign
4) Steve Jobs quits, what up next for Apple?)
Raban Ronove
Citizen

Postby ex nihilo » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:55 pm

Raban Ronove wrote:
ex nihilo wrote:

Enlighten you on what subject? I said a lot,
I guess you mean the protests,
Well it all started when some people opened up tents and went protesting about the prices of real estate and said its hard to live as young citizens since the prices are high. Then more and more people started joining and other protests started riding the wave: the Doctors who claimed they're not getting payed enough (Just a few hours the Ministry of Finance and the Doctors came to an agreement), the single mothers, gas prices, etc.. Its peaked when 300,000 people went out to the streets and protested (The biggest protest in Israel that wasn't about ending a war) and later even more than that went out and protested. Remember that this is no revolution, remember that Israel is a First-Worlds western country. The government appointed a committee to make drastic changes and promised it will follow the committee's advices, though the protesters are saying that committee is useless. There is a lot of pressure on the Prime Minister Bibi Netanyahu, but fortunately for him, the recent attacks are now on the top of the news (For example, I'm opening a news website and these are the top headlines:
1)Rockets showering the south.
2) the IDF took out 2 Islamic Jihad Operatives in Gaza
3) Daphni Leef (The protester's representative) calls the head of the committee to resign
4) Steve Jobs quits, what up next for Apple?)

Ok, thanks for that. At least it makes me more knowledgable to what is going on.
ex nihilo
Centurian

Return to United Citizens Of Israel