National policy - please read - IMPORTANT

Our Structure, Policy, Statute and Mission

Re: National policy - please read - IMPORTANT

Postby In_Nomine_Veritas » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:15 pm

I like to think that this is not a debate so much as a request for clarification. Obviously making a request like 'No illegal action shall be taken by members of our group' is an entirely legitimate in a more modernised state where for the most part and but for a few exceptions, state law, international law and ethical common sense rarely make severe departures from one another.

What would you say to - for sake of argument - rebels in certain parts of the Middle East and North Africa who are committing actions that are viewed as acceptable if not outright admirable by most of the international community, but are clearly violating laws (for better or for worse) that exist in their own state.

I have no interest in starting or joining an organised rebellion any time soon, but I think a clarification needs to be made because the definition of 'legal' becomes grayer in starker circumstances.
In_Nomine_Veritas
Involved

Postby ex nihilo » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:46 am

Is it a good idea to have a high concil in the movement? What function would this high concil do anyway? Can you explain this a bit for me?
"Pah! It's only as complicated as you choose to make it! Was the old woman happy? Unhappy? Who can say? One can never know for true, you simply make your best attempt and move on..." -Grimorie Weiss, refering to doing right and making happy.
ex nihilo
Centurian

Postby In_Nomine_Veritas » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:30 pm

This may sound a bit silly, but please - do not call anything the "High Council". The word "Council" might be ok, but drop the "High" at least. The name evokes far more authoritarianism than we wish to (which is to say none at all). I think we need to come up with an alternative name that evokes principles of fair government and democracy.
In_Nomine_Veritas
Involved

Postby In_Nomine_Veritas » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:43 am

How about:

The Citizen's Cabinet
The Cabinet
The Upper Cabinet

etc. Would something to that general effect work?
In_Nomine_Veritas
Involved

Postby 162 105 375 845 281 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:01 am

In my country I feel often the people are not represented, but I do believe co-operation and progress are goals we can share with our own government and those of us who are current members here.

I support the manifesto and I think the best we can do as a multinational group wishing to establish itself in multiple nations, is invite people in and represent them because they are the common person.

Splitting it up, that is your deal if it is managable, but I think we may have to tailor to each established representation and its support of both existing government and... whatever it has to do to become heard more and represent more people on common causes.

We can agree to disagree though do you think? I can disagree with somebody just fine and agree on the core issues that need to be changed and promoted and assisted with everywhere.
Why do I screw up my links? Because my posts have been deleted on various news and medical sites and because if I link it here and you click it here, it means you heard it through here but if you put it into your browser, the website gets a hit.
162 105 375 845 281
Veteran

Return to Policy