Global Conciousness Project (EGG Project)

Discussion on science and technology

Postby 162 105 375 845 281 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:24 am

This is borderline science - 'Parapsychology'. In case you don't know I like to write books for posts, so you are forewarned :D

Q: WHATS THIS GLOBAL CONSCIOUSNESS.. THING PROJECT SPHERE?
A: At its core, its a simple project of statistics and randoms. Some consider it to more of a practice of reading tea leaves, while others see it as evidence of a Ding an Sich (thing within itself, i.e. a 'consciousness' or awareness). The GCP seeks to find evidence of a consciousness that is conscious that it is conscious of the world around it. Let me back that up just a second. You are aware, yes? You are aware of the world around you. Beyond that awareness of the world around you, are you aware that you are aware of the world around you? Some would consider this to be the Ding an Sich - the level of cognitive thinking humans have. Others see it as a defense of a kind of 'spirit' or 'soul'. Despite the debate and perceptions, GCD looks for an awareness that is aware that it is aware of its surroundings (going backwards it would be aware on the most basic level, aware that it is aware on the basic level, and aware that there are things aware of their own awareness on a basic level).

Q: SOOO... YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THIS NOOSPHERE THING? THAT IS KIND OF BORDERLINE SCIENTIFIC I GUESS I'D HAVE TO LOOK AT THE RESULTS...
A: Technically yes, the GCP's search for evidence or interactions within the 'Noosphere' - the Noosphere being a united consciousness or level of individual consciousness that may exist and be able to influence us or the world. While there is a lot of lore and mythology about things like this, the lore and mythology do reach back fairly far but its important to consider the idea that people, or animals, or maybe all of us, do have a not-understood form of communication or decision making that may have real representation even if it is not a 'gaia' type being, it could be a 'gaia' type principal or effect, and that would be mind blowing all by itself.

Q: OKAY WELL HOW DO YOU PROVE THIS?
A: I'll provide the link, but I want to throw some links out as ideas and you can read them or at least browse the wikis. Keep in mind it does have a lot of religious implication but it is set up as a scientific theory and the experiment actually tells us very little, it all depends on how you want to look at it. I would need to hear from some statistics / QM - learned persons who have gone through at least a few dozen days over various broken periods of time. Luckily the records go back for a long long time and you can pull months of years long gone by.

ht tp://en dot wikipedia dot org/wiki/Noumenon
- A basic explanation of the Ding an Sich (reroutes to Noumenon, see dual object/dual aspect representations, also I do prefer the ancient philosophy view of this because it suggests clearer lines between the realm of reality and the realm of thought).

ht tp://en dot wikipedia dot org/wiki/Global_Consciousness_Project
- Wiki on the GCP/EGG Project.

Q: OKAY... WAITING...
A: The theory is that a human being, via strong emotional response or just by being present, can directly influence the 'normal' selection of random numbers determined randomly by a quantum based random number generator. Neither the human nor the 'Random Event Generator' (REG) should be able to directly influence one another by means that we would normally know of. Similarly, if the REG is influenced by a person, are similar REG's effected by persons in similar ways across the globe? Do they exhibit 'normal' random number selection, or can we see abnormal non-random results from one group and see quite normal or expected results from a control group? While this really genuinely tells us little regarding the results, I have been checking in on it from time to time and I have to admit that if you consider the dates in the log and the day by day results, and consider there may not be events listed like 'civil unrest' or 'worldwide protests', they do happen and you should take initiative to see what happened that day or during that time. There are a few ways to look at the results but observe that every day starts off 'new' and 'fresh' and 'zeroed out', see if you see any simple patterns that coincide with which EGG's are in areas where the sun is coming up and people are waking up in unison. Reading tea leaves, or maybe... something else ?

ht tp://gcp dot grama dot co/results.html
- results w/ probabilities, and I do understand that the results I see are just as likely to come up as flipping a coin 100 times and whatever pattern I get there as well, but I find this to be pretty informative about the true-randomness and the result of the test group and see how the two are actually quite different. ITS IMPORTANT TO MENTION - RED RED PROP SCORES ARE LOW LOW CHANCES TO HAPPEN, GREEN GREEN ARE ABNORMALLY NORMALIZED! What that means is, observing data you can see an overall positive MEAN shift. That means that when numbers reach abnormally LOW to balance, they actually have to shift beyond control-mean value to make up for the MEAN shift. So technically, green is almost a representation of super-prop scores that reflect the SHIFTING AND SHIFTED MEAN but NOT the control group mean of 0. That does bear significance especially when the green prop score is paired up with an abnormal deviation score, it suggests nothing more than just that though. Compare the moderate and high 'green' scores and their deviation to the control and you'll see what I mean, they actually operate on separate mean scores which is kind of nifty.

ht tp://gcp dot grama dot co/
- It appears this is a new site they have set up, still in the works it appears with a few links down

ht tp://noosphere dot princeton dot edu/
- this should be the old site and the home of some of the old interpretation services, it appears to be down as of the writing of this post but it has links in the previous site to it, so I do not imagine it is leaving just yet

What do you think of this? Its fun, almost even 'magical' in my mind - but as much as I'd like to dismiss it as a kind of religious connotation, I have to admit that there are suggestions that life is more than just alive. Beyond the feeling of deja vu, some people can sense when those close to them might need a phonecall. Sometimes we think of advice to give somebody before we know they need it. Sometimes, even animals seem to have an uncanny ability to sense or communicate in ways we do not fully understand or understand also in ourselves. Sometimes intuition just isn't a sufficient word to explain some things.

Even if you do not subscribe to such possibilities, the idea of an awareness-realm beyond the biological realm that exists with the physical nonliving realm, is intriguing and even if no such exists, it would not be a bad idea to support the representation of a noosphere in the form of the internet, or what have you. There may indeed be no noosphere that is aware, but that doesn't close the door on possibilities of noosphere - influenced or contained communication.
Why do I screw up my links? Because my posts have been deleted on various news and medical sites and because if I link it here and you click it here, it means you heard it through here but if you put it into your browser, the website gets a hit.
162 105 375 845 281
Veteran

Re: Global Conciousness Project (EGG Project)

Postby afdavis 3 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:29 am

So, this is basically a science asking the question "What is the human society doing as a whole?"

Sounds very interesting.
Light a man a fire; He'll be warm for the rest of the day. Teach a man to light a fire; He'll be warm for the rest of his life.
afdavis 3
Seasoned

Postby 162 105 375 845 281 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:38 am

afdavis 3 wrote:So, this is basically a science asking the question "What is the human society doing as a whole?"

Pretty much! Kinda!

The study is looking for ANY evidence and I think they are finding something, not sure what though. I particularly liked the month of july in '11 thats kind of where I sold into the idea after watching randomly and keeping it as a screen saver over a few months.

Anyways, simple illustration time :D
>Noosphere
>Biosphere
>Geosphere

Basically this project is looking for anything that would exist on the 'Noosphere' level. While it doesn't have to BE the noosphere, the idea is that we could find noosphere-like social structures or influences on that level. It is somewhat similar to the ' law of complexity/consciousness ' which explains that things continually try to evolve to become more aware (life) or more complex or structured (matter), with the theme of synergy or 'the sum of the parts is greater than the whole'.

Taking it a step further, evolution should push awareness to develop from living 'aware' things into conscious structures (thinking and/or communicating), then social structures (groups of thinkers/communicators), and as those social structures evolve and become more complex, they should develop into a noosphere-type structure or a concious-social structure of thinking/communicating life. It would be like if facebook could unify all its members under the same causes, facebook would then have potential to become self-aware and after a point of self awareness and our being aware of facebook's unified but complex will, facebook would become a very real force in our lives.

You could then shut facebook down and fragment it, and you might stop it for awhile, but inevitably it would still unify people without their knowledge and increase awareness, thought, and continue to evolve.
Why do I screw up my links? Because my posts have been deleted on various news and medical sites and because if I link it here and you click it here, it means you heard it through here but if you put it into your browser, the website gets a hit.
162 105 375 845 281
Veteran

Postby afdavis 3 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:51 am

162 105 375 845 281 wrote:Taking it a step further, evolution should push awareness to develop from living 'aware' things into conscious structures (thinking and/or communicating), then social structures (groups of thinkers/communicators), and as those social structures evolve and become more complex, they should develop into a noosphere-type structure or a concious-social structure of thinking/communicating life. It would be like if facebook could unify all its members under the same causes, facebook would then have potential to become self-aware and after a point of self awareness and our being aware of facebook's unified but complex will, facebook would become a very real force in our lives.

So, the science thinks that if something has enough people contributing to it, the thing itself becomes a form of a consciousness, that nobody can control. As if it were separate from the people that use it, and yet a intricate part of everybody involved. Brilliant idea, I'd like to see research into this.
Light a man a fire; He'll be warm for the rest of the day. Teach a man to light a fire; He'll be warm for the rest of his life.
afdavis 3
Seasoned

Postby 162 105 375 845 281 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:36 pm

ht tp://en dot wikipedia dot org/wiki/Noumenon = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoumenon
- A basic explanation of the Ding an Sich (reroutes to Noumenon, see dual object/dual aspect representations, also I do prefer the ancient philosophy view of this because it suggests clearer lines between the realm of reality and the realm of thought).

ht tp://en dot wikipedia dot org/wiki/Global_Consciousness_Project = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Con ... ss_Project
- Wiki on the GCP/EGG Project.

Q: OKAY... WAITING...
A: The theory is that a human being, via strong emotional response or just by being present, can directly influence the 'normal' selection of random numbers determined randomly by a quantum based random number generator. Neither the human nor the 'Random Event Generator' (REG) should be able to directly influence one another by means that we would normally know of. Similarly, if the REG is influenced by a person, are similar REG's effected by persons in similar ways across the globe? Do they exhibit 'normal' random number selection, or can we see abnormal non-random results from one group and see quite normal or expected results from a control group? While this really genuinely tells us little regarding the results, I have been checking in on it from time to time and I have to admit that if you consider the dates in the log and the day by day results, and consider there may not be events listed like 'civil unrest' or 'worldwide protests', they do happen and you should take initiative to see what happened that day or during that time. There are a few ways to look at the results but observe that every day starts off 'new' and 'fresh' and 'zeroed out', see if you see any simple patterns that coincide with which EGG's are in areas where the sun is coming up and people are waking up in unison. Reading tea leaves, or maybe... something else ?

ht tp://gcp dot grama dot co/results.html http://gcp.grama.co/results.html
- results w/ probabilities, and I do understand that the results I see are just as likely to come up as flipping a coin 100 times and whatever pattern I get there as well, but I find this to be pretty informative about the true-randomness and the result of the test group and see how the two are actually quite different. ITS IMPORTANT TO MENTION - RED RED PROP SCORES ARE LOW LOW CHANCES TO HAPPEN, GREEN GREEN ARE ABNORMALLY NORMALIZED! What that means is, observing data you can see an overall positive MEAN shift. That means that when numbers reach abnormally LOW to balance, they actually have to shift beyond control-mean value to make up for the MEAN shift. So technically, green is almost a representation of super-prop scores that reflect the SHIFTING AND SHIFTED MEAN but NOT the control group mean of 0. That does bear significance especially when the green prop score is paired up with an abnormal deviation score, it suggests nothing more than just that though. Compare the moderate and high 'green' scores and their deviation to the control and you'll see what I mean, they actually operate on separate mean scores which is kind of nifty.

ht tp://gcp dot grama dot co = http://gcp.grama.co
- It appears this is a new site they have set up, still in the works it appears with a few links down

ht tp://noosphere dot princeton dot edu/ = http://noosphere.princeton.edu/
- this should be the old site and the home of some of the old interpretation services, it appears to be down as of the writing of this post but it has links in the previous site to it, so I do not imagine it is leaving just yet
162 105 375 845 281
Veteran

Next

Return to Science and Technology